Modern Steel Entry Doors
When choosing an entry door for your home, you’re not just looking for any cheap stainless steel doors for sale that are currently available on the market. You want the door to match your house - both in style and material.
You also want your ideal door to be able to withstand the harshest weather conditions, be it extreme winter cold, blistering summer heat, or pouring heavy rain. The great thing you’re here because that’s exactly the type of doors we offer our clients at Vinyl Light.
Our residential steel entry doors come in a wide range of styles and configurations to please even the most demanding customers.
We take front door replacement projects in the following cities: Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, East York, North York, Markham, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Scarborough, Pickering, Oshawa, Ajax, Newmarket, King City, Caledon, Georgetown, Milton. Haven't found your location on the list? Reach out to us to see if we can install modern exterior steel entry doors at your place.
Modern Front Entry Doors with Glass Inserts in Toronto and GTA
When it comes to the important decision of choosing the right modern entry door unit for your home, the two most common choices are steel doors and fiberglass doors. We offer both of these types and have them available in a number of styles and finishes so you could easily find the one that matches your house exterior.
Enhance your home’s facade style with a new entrance door replaced by Vinyl Light
We have been installing steel doors in Greater Toronto and the surrounding area since 2013 so our clients can always expect the following:
- Affordable doors price from Ontario manufacturers
- Certified and experienced installers
- Guaranteed lifetime warranty
- Wide range of custom options
- Outstanding customer service
All our steel entry doors are Energy Star Certified. This means they possess outstanding insulation and energy efficiency helping you to save on your energy bills.
How to Choose a Front Door?
With all the options and designs available the task of choosing the right front door might become overwhelming.
Let’s break it down into 4 steps:
- Decide if your current door configuration works for you or you’d like to change it.
Will you keep the sidelite/transom or make an oversized door? Will it be a double door or a single with 2 sidelites or maybe 1 oversize sidelite?
- Decide if it’s going to be a steel door or a fiberglass one.
Steel doors are more common and usually more affordable. The fiberglass doors are the ones that look like wood, they have all the wood grains and sharp details that are highlighted once it’s stained and lacquered.
- Decide if you are going to add the glass to the door or keep it solid.
Solid doors have about a dozen design options. They pair well with sidelites. Also, look good on their own in more contemporary styles in steel and always great in fiberglass.
The doors with glass open unlimited possibilities. You can choose the glass from the catalogues, create your own, play with sizes and numbers of glass inserts, position in the door, etc. This will take more time but surely will pay off with the right door just for you.
- Last, but not least decide on the color for the door and the handle.
The classic white will not cost you anything extra, but a door with a color will look so much better. The color does not have to match your windows, brick or garage door. The front door has a big enough character of its own and can be any color: red, yellow, green, blue, Ferrari orange...we’ve done so many and they all look great!
The right handle will add the last finishing touch to complete the picture. It’s true what designers say, that if you cannot replace the door now, replace the old handle, it can change the look of your door drastically, that’s how much value it carries.
Front Door Replacement Cost
There are thousands of different door designs that’s why the front entry door prices differ. The cost of house entry door replacement on average is about $2,500, but that is a rough indication because the price range here is big. The cost of steel entry doors starts as low as $499, which would act as your base that can be customized to become $5,000 or more. Every extra piece that you add to it reflects on its price. It is complicated to put a price tag for every component as those range in price as well, so we’ll give you the indications to understand why one door is more than another.
- Door Configuration: a single door is the cheapest and it goes up in price when you add another door, sidelite or transom
- Door Size: standard door size is 28”; 30”; 32”; 34” or 36” in width and 79.5” in height. Everything else is a custom size, which adds to the price
- Door Design: there are some common classic solid door designs and there are some more modern options, but the price difference is small.
- Door Glass Design: clear glass is usually the cheapest; one texture privacy glass is more (ex. sandblast, rain, chinchilla, etc. and they range in price); design glass is next in line (the different designs range in price), and on the top of the list is wrought iron (they also range in price) There are some exceptions though.
- Door Glass Size: the bigger the glass the more it is, considering you are choosing from the standard sizes because a smaller custom glass size will cost you more than a standard bigger one. Most common standard sizes: 22x36” (half the door); 22x48” (3/4 of the door); 22x64” (full size)
- Sidelite: there is a sidelite with a panel, which basically has an edge around the glass and there is a direct glass sidelite, where the glass is encased into a frame. The 2nd one is cheaper, But it all changes once you add the glass to it, then it all depends on the glass design and the size because for the direct glaze sidelite the glass must be custom made.
- Transom: the size of the transom dictates its price and also the shaped one is extra.
- Color: white color is free, color for the outside is extra plus more if you add the color inside. Stain for the fiberglass is more than paint and the fibreglass door must be painted or stained on both sides
- Lock and handle: the design and even the color finish makes a difference. The price range is big here from a simple deadbolt with a lever to a multipoint lock or one with a pull bar handle
- Miscellaneous customizations: there is a wide range of other design features that can customize your door and change its price: executive panels, stainless steel lines and inserts, grooves or nails/clavos, decorative shelves; mouldings, sill color, frame depth, etc
Looking for an actual price for your door project? Get a no-cost, no-obligation free estimate from Vinyl Light Windows & Doors. One of our knowledgeable technicians will be able to guide you through the options available to choose the right door for you at the right price to fit your budget.
- Single or Double entry doors
- With transom or sidelights
- Up to 8 feet high
- Up to 42 inches wide
- Any color
Wide range of glass
- ¼, ½, ¾, oval or full-size glass
- Clear, tinted, privacy, design, wrought iron options. Always tempered or laminated for extra security
- Matching transom and sidelight
- Custom size and design glass available
Transoms and Sidelites
- Any size and shape transoms
- Double or triple glass
- ½, ¾, full size, direct glaze or no glass sidelight
- Operational or venting sidelights
Our doors can be combined with transoms and sidelites to create many options to fit your home and showcase your personal style.
Clean and solid single door can have an infinite design options when fitted with a glass of your choice
Single Door With 1 Sidelite
The sidelite on either side of a door will pair well with one adding a great design touch, especially with a matching door glass
Single Door With 2 Sidelites
Two sidelites will beautifully centre your door with plenty of light, so you might consider one without a glass
Single Door With Transom
The transom can extend your door beyond the standards, adding the view without privacy issues
Single Door With 1 Sidelite & Transom
This classic combination can play well together with the right choice of glass and color
Single Door With 2 Sidelites & Transom
Those four elements when put together create an outstanding balance of design and uniformity
A rich and classic door configuration that will never go out of style, either you add the glass or don't
Single Door With Wide Sidelite
The oversized sidelite is surely an eye catcher with its bold and contemporary look
Double Door With Transom
This classic combination is still a popular style especially for the back of a house for maximum air floor, view and light
8' or 95" Single Door
The high door will sure to impress especially once you get to open it, with bonus of making the ceiling look higher
8' Single Door With 1 Sidelite
Space permitting, use this combo that you will never regret getting every time you look at it
8' Door with 2 Sidelites
2 high sidelites with an 8 feet door deliver a grand impact that only 8' double door can match
Popular Steel Doors
Those are our most popular steel doors design. Please check our catalogues for more options. Can not find what you are looking for? Don't hesitate to call us to drop a request.
Uno 4 steel lines
Linea, 7x64" Glass
Uno 4 x 22x11" Frosted
22x64" Santa Cruz WI
Exterior Entry Doors Replacement in Toronto
Durability is a high priority for most homeowners but so is the front door replacement cost. Why pay more when there’s us, a company that offers top-quality, professionally done entry door replacement in Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area.
We realize that for you, our client, every door unit replacement is an investment. Knowing your options and choosing the right door is going to save you a lot of time, money, and frustration.
If you’re still thinking “What’s the best front door replacement near me?”, think no further than Vinyl Light. We will handle your front door replacement from A to Z and leave you wondering “How could it be THAT cheap and THAT good?
Considerations When Purchasing Entry Doors For Your Home
Front door replacement can drastically change the facade of your house. This is what you use every day, this is what your guests see when they arrive, this is what most people notice when they pass by, so the door looks is very important to your whole house appearance.
Also, a durable front door made of high-quality materials guarantees security and energy efficiency for your home.
Steel Entry Doors
Most homeowners choose steel front doors because of their price factor and high customization. Our steel doors are well insulated due to the high-density foam inside wrapped in a thick steel shell. A well-made steel door will not warp, crack or rust and requires minimum maintenance.
Fiberglass door creates the look of real wood but at the same time, it is much more durable. This door material is prevented from the dent and keeps its new look for years! It looks rich and fancy. The door material with its finish adds significantly to your house appearance. Fiberglass door is a good investment. No maintenance like painting is required. Besides, it saves the monthly cost of your energy bills as it is packed with an insulated core.
Choosing a front door might be complicated. If you have decided to replace your exterior door look through our catalogues to see what catches your eye. If you need a hand, give us a call.
Our Latest Reviews on Google
We'd like to share our knowledge and experience.
Entry doors dictate the appearance of your home. Fiberglass vs steel door becomes a major comparison in a door shopping process. Every homeowner has to consider some research to understand better which door material to pick.
Vinyl Energy Efficient Windows and Exterior Doors are overall better for your home in Canada.
To find the best quality replacement windows and doors in Ontario you have to look for the best window replacement company. Here are important tips on how to make a right choice.
Request a Price Estimation Today
to get a guaranteed gift with your installed windows or doors